Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Friends

Dear Loyal Blog Readers,
I know it's been a long time since I last updated my trusty blog, and I know that some of you have been upset - literally in agony - over the lack of posts in the recent months. I will open this post with a synopsis of my life since my last post:

(1) I recently traveled to Memphis, TN. Some of you may have heard of, or even been to, Memphis, TN. It is in the south and people speak southern there. It is also the home of BBQ, Elvis Presley, and my new friends. Some background: my aunt and uncle live in Memphis, TN (home of Corky's BBQ, Graceland, and my new friends) and have lived there forever - literally forever. They recently added some new roommates to their home that I had yet to meet. Pictured in this photo is Oliver (large, in front), his sister Sophia (blurry, in back) and the little hussy Lucy (kissing Oliver!) Lucy is not a new addition.

In fact, Lucy and I go way back.

Here is a picture of Lucy and I from 1975. You can see the animosity that was brewing at that point. Part of the reason for the hatred that I experienced for Lucy (I feel at this point, I should explain that I was forced to take this picture with her) is because she is so little and pretty. A hater of all things little and pretty, I thought I would at least try to give her a chance. But her personality sealed the deal for me. Independent, kind and soft. Not my kind of other human friend if you catch my drift. Anyway, if you look closely at this picture, you can see how I am trying not to choke her, and how she is pushing away. That was the start of our topsy-turvy relationship.

So, though I was thrilled to meet the new roommates I was wary to encounter Lucy yet again. I know she had been thinking about me as well.


IMAGINE ENCOUNTERING THIS

AS YOU WALK IN THE DOOR!

Well, gentle readers, I decided to give her a chance - yet again - to find that she was just as kind, intelligent and soft as before!

But, as always, we were forced to get our picture taken together:

You can see what a fight it is to even smile.
























So, I did what I had to do.




















(2) Well, tomorrow I am going to be on jeopardy. Wish me luck!



3 comments:

molliver said...

i want to go to memphis

Caro said...

You left out some quotation marks (I won't even touch the em-dash problems you have).

Dear Loyal Blog blah blah blah...over the lack of posts in the recent "months" (since it's been a year)
....
(1) I "recently" (as in like a year ago) traveled to Memphis, TN.

Also you can't hate all little pretty things because I'm pretty. I've found that lots of things are true for that very reason (because I'm pretty). Like, my runway debut was a big splash...b/c i'm pretty.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a post about Ligers. Also please help stop Cat anorexia. Its a huge problem that effects cats every day in the city of chicago. We need to pass a law that allows federal agents to raid condos in the city where owners do not let there cats eat all they want. Please visit www.stopcarofrommakinghercatsanorexic.org