Sunday, April 27, 2008

That time again

Blog readers,
For those of you that did not know, I am a first year law student. Being that it's late April, I figure you can all guess that I am inundated with work.

Here is a synopsis of my bellyaches:
1. property: eminent domain? I can't even figure out what these two words mean when they are put together. Eminent means outstanding and famous. Domain is an area or territory controlled by the government. So the best I can figure is that when the government wants to take a famous and outstanding piece of property, they just start the proceedings. But they have to pay just compensation.
2. Civil Procedure: how can something so awful be so civil?
2.5: Largesse: what does this word mean. Did I make it up?
3. Legislative Process: as a proponent of the trustee theory, I cannot say much about this topic.
4. Legal Writing: I have never been so sure of something in my life, which is to say, IT IS CERTAINLY AND UNQUESTIONABLY TESTIMONIAL.

So, suffice to say, my roommates have been helping me study.
It's true what they say about friends (and roommates as friends!)! You try to study but it turns into a fun party! (evidenced above)

Now, please don't worry. My life is not all study, study, study. I do get to have fun every once in awhile (see above, and below)These are my friend Carolyn's roommates. Their names are Topper and Kirby. We have become really fast friends.

Here is a nice picture to end on:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK this is awk that you're so confused about property so late in the game, but what the hey, I'll try to explain it to you.

First of all, "eminent" actually means in really high standing. As in, "I am an eminent individual because in the DTD community, I have one of very few blogs on the subject, which gives me high standing." See?

And "domain" is just french bullshit. Norman french, but still, bullshit.